Walk-ins Welcome or Call/Book Online for a 1 Hour Appointment
Directions to West-End
Directions to Queen's University
Book My Appointment
Kingston's Premiere Smartphone, Tablet, and Mac Repair Shop!
FixMyPod – Kingston, ON
Part time and Full time positions available.
Employee benefits available after 3 month trial period.
Smartphone & Tablet Repair Technician
To provide a friendly, professional, fast, competitively priced, high-quality smartphone, tablet, and Mac repairs for Kingston and the surrounding area. We wish to provide the best price for the best quality repairs and customer service.
You are a resourceful problem solver with great customer service skills. You enjoy dissembling technology, working with tools and have a thorough understanding of how mobile and smartphone technology works. You are able to identify technical issues and perform repairs on smartphones, mac and windows computers, and tablets that can meet or exceed quality standards. You can answer phone calls in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner and are able to communicate details of repairs to customers. You are motivated, driven, organized and methodical and will follow through on projects until completion. You can provide guidance and assistance to other technicians when needed. You enjoy working with your hands and bring energy and a positive attitude to your work.
- Diagnose and repair broken devices
- Track repairs and paperwork
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Ensure that all repairs meet or exceed high-quality customer expectations
- Ability to multi-task between repairs and customer service
- Able to interact positively with customers at the store front and over the phone
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the repair has been done correctly and the problem has been resolved
- Strategically plan order of operations to ensure a successful repair
- Communicate complex repairs to customers in an easy-to-understand way
- Ensure customers have a positive experience at FixMyPod
- Keep track of inventory and manage repair scheduling
- Contribute to a team environment
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously
- Critical thinking and problem solving considered an asset
- Willing to take on any extra tasks asked of them by their supervisor
- A+ Certification
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
- Customer service and sales experience at an electronics store or cell phone dealer
- Experience dissembling computers, tablets and smartphones
- Passionate about technology
Optional (but desired) Qualifications:
- Degree or certification in Electronics or Consumer Electronics
- Experience in electronics’ board level repair (micro-soldering)
- Customer Service: 1 year
- Sales: 1 year
- Repairs: 1 year